Thursday, September 6, 2007

God Only Knows!

Much ado about nothing.

Governor Richardson explained his 'off the cuff' comment about the Iowa and New Hampshire Primaries when he stated:

"Iowa, for good reason, for constitutional reasons, for reasons related to the Lord, should be the first caucus and primary," he said Monday. "And I want you to know who was the first candidate to sign a pledge not to campaign anywhere if they got ahead of Iowa. It was Bill Richardson."

There was a great deal of tittering in the blogosphere about this reference to the "Lord".

You can read this post by Kos on the Daily Kos:
"Reasons related to the Lord"? What, are the Iowa caucuses in scripture? What the hell does that even mean? What, did God personally come down and wax poetic on Iowa with Bill?

And I'd really like to see where in the Constitution Iowa is guaranteed "first in the nation" status.

What a stupid thing to say. What an epic pander -- easily the biggest pander this cycle.

Meanwhile, his chief consultant/advisor, Steve Murphy, is going on Fox News to yuk it up with Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter -- and actually spent time defending Coulter.

I can't believe I ever flirted with voting for the guy. He's now down in Kucinich/Gravel territory on my list.

Reasons related to the Lord?

I guess you could say that would be about the same as "God only knows".

But I guess if you are a Kos fan, then THAT should be enough to disqualify Governor Richardson. After all we are Democrats. And Democrats, I guess, eat their own.

We have done that for generations.

As for me, Lord knows why anyone would support anyone else than Richardson. He is right on Iraq. He is right on Women's Issues. And he is right on the economy. Still with you Bill!

As a former John Kerry supporter, I am just getting used to the idea, but it does sound right don't you think--President Richardson?

Bob

No comments: